A Balanced Approach offers Friendship Groups for children who experience difficulties navigating the social world around them.
Our groups are not ASD specific; they are geared toward children who have strong language skills but may require extra support developing social skills. Children have the opportunity to learn important social skills in a fun, supportive environment with their peers.
Our groups take a break in the summer and resume in September. Please contact us at email@example.com to see what we’re offering at A Balanced Approach for the fall, winter, and spring terms.
* Minimum registration required for Friendship Groups.
- Use evidence-based practices of Applied Behaviour Analysis, and group facilitators are overseen by a Board Certified Behaviour Analysts
- Offer high instructor-to-participant ratios ensuring your child receives the support and attention they need
- Offer a variety of fun interactive activities including: crafts, games, drama and theme days
- Weekly themes to provide a fun and safe respite environment
- Each group lasts for eight weeks.
- Group registration and placement is based on an initial intake meeting with our group coordinator.
- Intake and placement meetings for the spring session will take place in February & March.
- Registration and intake deadline for the spring group session is March 13th
Spring session (Recommended for ages 8 and up.)
April 2nd – May 21st
Thursdays 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
$ 480.00 for 8 week session
Come learn the skills to be an amazing friend! This course will focus on the skills required to develop friendships and how to maintain those friendships over time. We will also practice staying in the present moment and building psychological flexibility.
This session we will be covering the following topics:
- Cooperative activities
- Perspective talking
- Mindful listening & Acceptance
- Safe technology use
Please call or email our office for further information and to schedule your child’s registration intake.
* Registration and intake deadline for the spring session is March 13th.